Here is a quick and easy craft for all ages. My cousin received one from a friend. I thought it was adorable. Her friend was making them for the Veterans that she visits. She made them in patriotic colors, I believe. The one I saw was made in blue with silver accents. She also had a little note, thanking the Veterans for their service. It was tucked in the bottom loop of the angel. These men and women are truly Angels to us, everyday of the year, not just Christmas. Volunteering for them is a great thing to do. Many Veterans Hospitals can use help, especially around the Holidays.

Well after checking out the angel, I came up with my own way to make it. Very simple, which I like. She sewed a few stitches in the ribbon to keep it together. I don't sew. Give me a glue gun and I rock! I have hot glued hems and ducked taped rips in jeans before. Don't get me wrong, I do sew some things and I do own a sewing machine. (My daughter uses it as a television stand in her room.) I just prefer not too use it. With a little patience, a pipe cleaner, and a glue gun, I had the angel finished in under 5 minutes. No sewing involved.

You can make the angels in any color you chose. There are so many options considering all the types of ribbon out there. The best to use, no matter the color, would be a wired edge ribbon, about 2.5" wide. This helps the angel to hold its shape. You can also decorate it by adding a little floral touch right at the neck or a small bow.

You can hang them on trees or use as gift tags. I will be using them as napkin rings this year for Christmas Eve dinner. I will slip the napkin through the bottom loop and stand them on their plate. Everyone can take one home with them as a little gift. They also make great magnets for the refrigerator. I figured that one out when I stuck a magnet in her skirt to hold it while I took the picture. See, ideas just pop in your head.

I always begin by laying out my supplies and tools. This makes me laugh because it is the only time I am ever organized in my life. There is nothing worse than having to stop in the middle of working on a craft to get something. That drives me crazy.

Supplies:

Ribbon (large and small)

Small glass ornaments

Pipe cleaners

Small floral picks

Tools:

Glue gun

Scissors

I begin measuring and cutting my ribbon. You can make them as big or as small as you like. It's up to you. I made the body 10" and the wings 11". The first thing to do is to make a loop for the body, pinch the two ends together, place a dab of glue in there and wrap it with one end of the pipe cleaner to secure it.

Next, take the piece of ribbon for the wings and overlap it, then pinch the center, and again add a dab of glue, then wrap the pipe cleaner around the wings to secure them to the body. You can follow these steps in the pictures below.

We then add the head, the small glass ornament. Put some glue at the base of the ball by its neck and stick it where the wings and body meet. Wrap the pipe cleaner around the neck once, leaving the pipe cleaner end up in the back. When the head is secure you then take the remaining pipe cleaner and make a loop, then position this over the ball as a halo.

Final step is decorating. You can make a small bow and cover the neck to give it a finished look. I like to add a small floral pick under the bow. I always have to go one step further, I'm to fussy sometimes. Have fun with this part. The little touches make it your own. Everyone will love these and think it took you forever.

With a little guidance children can help make these too. They would be great for arts and crafts in school. The directions are easy enough for them too. Kids love to make things as gifts. They are so proud when you make a fuss over them.

Remember, everything I have made so far can be used for almost every holiday. All you need to do is change the color or theme. These angels would make great Easter gifts, or even favors for a wedding or baby shower. Share your ideas in a comment. I would love to hear what you are doing with them. Happy angel making!